The kitchen is prone to catching fire, and mostly this is the kitchen when most of the fire breaks out from. So, you should prepare your kitchen not that it serves your purposes, but also that it doesn’t become enemy for you for your lifetime.
Steps to protect your kitchen:
- Keep your kitchen clean: Make a routine kitchen cleaning time. You have to be sure that every utensil you used for cooking this night is cleaned. Your cupboards, your knives, or you did buy airfryers online, microwaves, ovens or whatever stuff you used the night are cleaned so that they are ready to be used next morning.
- Cabinets and refrigerator are clean: You should look through your cabinets that they are rightly arranged and the fridge that the foods are adequately kept in them. You need things don’t get spoilt. So, save them good that there would be no wastage next morning.
- Clean up quickly: Whenever you make something in the kitchen, you should clean it up immediately. If you think that you would clean that some time else, you are going to forget it and then it’s going to remain such and wait for an accident.
- Check smoke detector: House without a smoke detector is at twice the risk catching up the fire, as per the US Fire Administration. So, take care that your smoke detector is installed in your kitchen and is working well.
- A fire extinguisher is a must: Extinguisher is the best friend when there is fire. You should know that your kitchen’s fire extinguisher is well protected to be used in an emergency.
- Understanding the fire is essential: Fires in the kitchen mostly thrive on oxygen. Baking soda, salt or a pan will put a stop on a grease fire. Microwave fires can be stopped by unplugging it. If fire is caught via an oven, you should use an extinguisher, baking soda.
- Clothing that you wear in the kitchen: Be aware of choosing the dress for your kitchen. Lots of accidents occur regularly for faulty clothes worn in the kitchen. From long handles too long sleeves too long hair, this is a well-known fact, and you should be careful of this kind of situation.
- You have kids and pets, be more cautious: Make your kids to respect the kitchen. When the stove or oven is in use at the house kids, need to be never left unattended. Pets too need to be taken care that time that they don’t get attracted to the oven or stove’s sweet smells and come near to the stove.