UPVC (Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride) windows are a popular type of windows that are widely being used in homes nowadays because of the merits they have. For example, such windows are more energy efficient and secure. But still, most people find it conflicting when they have to choose between single glazed UPVC windows and double glazed UPVC windows. Here’s a quick comparison between the two to make the selection process less daunting.
Single glazed UPVC casement windows are way better when compared to ancient windows. They cut down the noise significantly in comparison to the normal windows. They also provide more insulation than the normal windows.
Single glazed UPVC windows usually have a single pane of a glass. They are often very versatile when it comes to classic and ornamental designs. These windows have now been replaced by double glazed windows, which are gradually gaining more popularity as they enhance the advantages that the single glazed windows offer.
Double glazed UPVC windows are made using two glass panes that are separated by a layer of air between them. Thus, they offer an upgraded barrier against temperature in a much better way than single glazed windows. The air between the two panes acts as an additional insulator and thus provides better protection from the temperature differences.
In addition to this, the glass panes are also coated with a material that keeps the cold out during the winter months and makes sure that ample amount of heat is regulated between the interior and exterior of the house. Double glazed UPVC windows also help to decrease the wetness and the inner pane of the glass stays much warmer. Thus, the condensation is much slower and there is less wetness.
There are several reasons why it is better to opt for double glazed UPVC windows.
- Double glazed UPVC windows offer more noise reduction. So, irrespective of the uncomfortable noise out there on the roads, you can comfortably relax in your home because the noise will not disturb you at all.
- It is more energy efficient. Though it is costlier than single glazed UPVC windows, in the longer run, they seem to be more efficient. It is going to be a one-time investment only.
- The maintenance of double glazed windows is easy if they are installed properly. The material used is quite sturdy and durable and thus it does not require any maintenance.
- UPVC windows are eco-friendly. As the name unplasticized polyvinyl chloride suggests, the molecular structure does not contain any plastic and therefore it does not contaminate the environment in any way
- These windows provide thermal comfort in the best possible manner.
Due to all these factors, UPVC double glazed windows are given more preference than the single glazed ones and they are a better choice because they assure comfortable and easy living for a longer duration of time. If you are looking forward to buy UPVC windows Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra or any other state has plenty of reputed manufacturers and distributors.