Deciding on the perfect window cover is an important part of any home or business. There are so many things to consider, like what style, does it suit your interior, what the light requirement is, budget, and also your lifestyle.
When choosing what will be covering your windows, you should take into consideration what effect it will have and how it will benefit your décor. Maybe you’d even like it to be a focal point.
All things considered, these are a few more practical things that have to be taken into consideration when you want to cover your windows:
- Is there too much or too little sunlight that needs to be addressed
- What mood do you want to set
- Is privacy important to the room
Do you need insulation in the room, cool for the summer and warm for the winter
Knowing what you want and need will help in deciding what window covers you should get. It’s always easier to decide when you know what the pros and cons of anything are. Sometimes there are things you don’t even consider that should be considered when making a choice that will affect your home or business.
Having been around the longest, it’s no surprise that curtains are still a popular choice when deciding on a window cover.
- Very versatile
- You can make them yourself, thus getting what you want
- Easy to look after, it doesn’t need a lot of maintenance
- Comes in many different colours, materials, and trimmings
- Kids can play hide and seek behind the wider curtain varieties
- Curtains tend to take up a lot of space
- It can make a room look a lot smaller than it actually is
- Curtains in a bathroom or kitchen run the risk of becoming mouldy and stained because of all the moisture
- When drawn or open you can’t control the light, it’s either all, nothing or a little slither
Although not having been around as long as curtains, roller shutters are becoming people’s first choice more and more.
- Roller shutters can completely blackout a room, making it perfect for people who work night shift and need to sleep during the day
- The shutters can keep in air condition and also heating, thus saving on energy costs
- It’s a deterrent to any intruders or vandals because it’s visible from the outside
- It protects your windows from storms and brushfires
- They help reduce noise coming in from the outside
- Stylish, durable and always on trend because of its simplicity
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Can control how much light enters a room
- Can be used for home or businesses
- Looks professional
- Kids can’t hide behind the shutters
- Requires special cleaning
- If the shutters are manual, it can take a little longer to close before leaving your home
Thanks to modern and innovative thinking, the curtains have a very strong competitor. The roller shutters come in with quite a few more pros than the curtains. It is something that the forward thinkers have done right, and something to consider when decorating your windows. It isn’t just about looks nowadays anyways, what with everything changing and the world not being as safe as it used to be.
Rolling shutters definitely come out on top when you are deciding on what to do. Even if you still love the idea of curtains, the shutters tick a whole lot more boxes.
Whatever you get at the end of the day, make sure it’s the best decision for you.