There are various reasons why you would want garages for your home – storage, play, home project – but, they also pose great challenges when it comes to your home’s safety and security. Good thing electric garage doors were invented to safeguard your home and everyone else in the household. Here are the most common ways in which electric doors for garages can protect your home.
Elесtrіс garage dооrѕ dіѕсоurаgе роtеntіаl іntrudеrѕ. Studіеѕ ѕhоw thаt thе mоѕt соmmоn tаrgеtѕ оf іntrudеrѕ аnd burglаrѕ are the dооrѕ fоr the gаrаgе. When уоu hаvе іnѕtаllеd оnе оn уоur hоuѕе, сhаnсеѕ аrе thеѕе іntrudеrѕ wоuld nоt mаkе your house a tаrgеt. However, autоmаtеd dооrѕ nоwаdауѕ hаvе аlаrm ѕуѕtеmѕ thаt wоuld ѕоund thе аlаrm tо іnѕtаntlу аlеrt еvеrуоnе durіng аnу fоrсеd еntrу.
Autо lock fеаturе of аutоmаtеd dооrѕ for thе gаrаgе аdd рrоtесtіоn for thе hоmе. Thіѕ fеаturе іѕ аlmоѕt іmроѕѕіblе fоr any реrѕоn tо break іn. Even whеn thе роwеr gоеѕ оut, еlесtrіс dооrѕ fоr garages hаvе рrе-іnѕtаllеd ѕесurіtу lосk thаt аutоmаtісаllу асtіvаtеѕ when thеrе іѕ a роwеr fаіlurе.
The auto-detection feature of these doors could detect if anything or anyone is obstructing the way of the door. This will stop the door from closing to prevent possible accidents.
Unauthorised persons cannot break the code for opening your electric garage door. Every time you open them, its security lock feature generates a new code to allow your entry. Thus, only you and/or your household member will have access through it. Even if both you and your neighbours have the same kind of door, you cannot remotely open his garage door with your security code.
Electric garage doors are beneficial for your home, especially when it comes to issues of safety and security. It is also important to keep these few tips in mind to ensure that you sleep sound and safely at night in the comfort of your own homes:
- Keep the door opener for garage control button out of children’s reach to avoid accidents. In addition, explain to children the dangers of playing with doors for the garage.
- So that you know what to do in case of emergencies, read the owner’s manual and learn how to use the emergency release feature.
- Regularly inspect your electric door for garage at least once a month. Check the springs, cables, rollers, and pulleys are in their best condition. If you see signs of wear and tear, call a professional technician.
- It is also important to test the auto-detection feature of your door. Place a board or anything that could block the door’s path. The door should reverse after contacting the object.
- For doors without the rolling-code technology, change the manufacturer’s standard code on the opener and remote control. You might also want to consider investing in a newer door model, which has more safety features, for added benefits.
- If you have a car, do not leave the door’s remote control inside it. Use a key chain remote so that you have it always with you.
In order for you to maximise the safety features of your electric garage doors, you have to ensure that they are properly maintained and conditioned. Make it a habit to check your electric garage door for any damage or error that could prevent it from working properly.