Car lockouts happen all across the Houston area every day. And car keys are by far one of the items that people seem to lose most frequently. Everybody in Houston has lost their car keys at some point in time, and most often it is a recurring problem that causes people to lose hours searching for their keys. It is a huge problem because without your car keys, you can’t turn on your car and leave your house, so until you find your keys you cannot leave your house. Many people end up being late for important classes or appointments because of this issue on the daily. However, there are some steps you can take to make car lockouts less of a common problem. If you integrate some of these tips into your life, you could save yourself a lot of stress.
- Dedicate a cabinet by your door just for keys- If you don’t already have a cabinet or somewhere you can hang your keys as soon as you come in your door, this is something you should definitely invest into. Buying a small cabinet or a set of hooks to hang your keys on will guarantee you less chance of losing them, so long as you are diligent about keeping them there.
- Invest in an electronic tracker- In this day and age, technology has come so far that you can now purchase a tracker for your keys alone. You get an app on your phone called “Tile” and you have to purchase a key ring that contains a tracker within it. The device inside the key ring will allow you to see from the app on your phone where your keys are. This is a really cool piece of technology and will be of a lot of use if you are prone to losing your keys in really bad places across Houston, or if they fall out of your pocket somewhere, for example.
- Accessorize the heck out of your keys- Adding a lot of key chains and loud accessories will make your keys easier to see and hear. Keychains with little bells on them that make a lot of noise are especially handy. You can also be trendy with this tip by buying a large fluffy ball key chain that is trendy these days.
- Keep a dish to religiously keep them in- Similar to the cabinet tip, you can get a pretty and noticeable dish to keep by your door. In this dish make sure to always keep your car keys, no matter what. If you are diligent about keeping them in a set place like this, you’ll be much less prone to misplacing them.
- Paint them with glow-in-the-dark paint- You can also get a glow-in-the-dark key chain, or just straight up paint your keys as well. Doing both will without a doubt make your keys very visible in the dark. If keys glow in the dark, you’ll be able to see them in your bag easier, or if they got lost behind the couch, or in places like that for example. This tip is creative and handy at the same time.
So there you have it. Now you will never have a Houston car lockout issue again. When you live in Houston it is so much easier knowing that you will be rest assured with all of the solutions outlined above.