Is your bathroom due for renovations? Have you held off because of how much it’s going to cost? It’s true, bathroom renovations can cost more than $5,000 to complete. If you don’t have that kind of money available, you may have assumed you have to make do with things as they are. Though you may not get to complete every job on your checklist, there are small jobs you can finish in the bathroom to make it look just like new.
Know What You Can Afford
Although the ideas to be discussed are affordable ones, you should still have an estimate of how much you can afford to spend on a renovation. If you’d like to add a little cushion to your bathroom renovation budget you can always apply for a personal loan through companies like Blue Trust Loans. They offer eligible applicants, despite their credit history, up to $1200 to spend as they need. You’ll have a decent amount of time to repay the loan and the payments are broken up so you have more time to pay the balance in full.
Bathroom Renovation Ideas
Now that you know what you can spend on this project, you’re ready to begin putting your bathroom back together. Here are some affordable ideas:
- Change the fixtures – swapping out old fixtures for more modern ones can update the look of your sink and bathroom cabinets.
- Paint the walls and floor – painting the walls gives you a new canvas to work with. Blues and greens, black and white, or earth tones are all great to look at in bathrooms. You can also paint wooden bathroom floors to give dated and worn down wood a new appearance.
- Retile the floors – if your bathroom floors presently have tiles you can replace them with new ones. Tiles are only a few pennies on the dollar and are easy to install. If you have a larger budget, you may prefer something like ceramic tiles while if your budget is smaller, laminate tiles will do the trick. If you have tiles leftover, you can cut and use some of them to create a border on the bathroom wall.
- Install shelves and towel racks – storage always makes a bathroom look more organized. If you have limited storage in your bathroom you can change that by installing floating shelves and towel racks.
- Wallpaper – feature walls are very popular in modern bathrooms. If you want to make a wall stand out, you should purchase wallpaper. Since you’re not doing an entire room, it should be fairly cheap. You can go with a pattern, a texture or both for aesthetic appeal.
- Mirrors and paintings – you can fill up bare wall space with a new wall mirror and paintings or pictures.
If your bathroom is in need of an update you don’t have to put it off. Though you may not be able to afford thousands of dollars for a full renovation, there are affordable things you can do to modernize the space. Each of these ideas is very inexpensive, and with the cushion of a short-term loan, you should have no problem creating a bathroom you admire.