There are numerous reasons why most designers, architects and construction companies prefer using concrete in every kind of construction. As a matter of fact, now a days even facings and decorative trimmings in buildings are being made out of concrete. A case in point is the award winning Dutch home concrete that is making waves in the home design industry.
- One of the most important factors that everyone considers is the cost of construction. If concrete is being used, the cost comes down quite noticeably. It is quite easily available, and that keeps the cost down.
- This is very easy to handle material. In the liquid state, right after concrete is mixed, it can be cast into various shapes. This is a very useful feature as you can create concrete blocks and sidings of every conceivable size, shape and thickness. Additionally, no special environmental condition is required to dry concrete; it happens in ambient temperature.
- Concrete is a strong, resilient and durable material. It has excellent water resistance capabilities compared to wood, steel and many other construction materials. As a matter of fact, pure water can’t harm concrete at all; it is only the water soluble chemicals that have harmful effects on concrete and can cause deterioration over time.
- Concrete is an environmental friendly material. A lot of industrial wastes such as slag, glass etc. can be recycled to produce concrete. This means that concrete production can actually minimize environmental pollution created by industrial waste.
- Specialized labor is not required if a construction is done with concrete. This doesn’t mean skilled construction workers aren’t required, but any specialized knowledge that will be required while using say steel or wood for construction is not required.