Air conditioning is an essential for an office environment, especially during the hot summer months. To keep your air conditioning working at its best, it needs to be maintained and any repairs need fixing quickly. Old air conditioning will require extra maintenance and all models have a lifespan. It can be difficult to spot any issues with your air conditioner, but we are here to help.
7 Signs Your AC Needs to Be Repaired or Replaced
- Not Cooling – An obvious signal your AC needs repair is that it does not cool. You could have the air conditioner set on full, but the air isn’t very cool or is just not as cold as it usually is. This issue usually occurs when the compressor has failed or that the Freon levels are low. An AC that isn’t cooling can be fixed but a replacement is often needed. It is essential to keep the temperature cool in hot offices so air conditioners in places like Sydney need maintaining!
- High Energy Bills – Your energy bills will change seasonally however if your bills are higher than usual it could be due to an issue with your AC. You should take note of the price changes and then you can determine if your air conditioning is working properly. If your energy bill rises it could be due to a problem with the thermostat or an issue with the ductwork.
- Bad Odour – Your air conditioning unit should not have a bad smell. If you can smell anything unpleasant coming from your AC, then there is an issue. Usually a bad odour means that there has been a burn out with the wire insulation. If you notice a musty smell it could be due to a mold issue. Mold can cause health issues so it is important to have it fixed.
- Strange Noises – Your AC may need a repair if you can hear strange noises. You may hear scraping or grinding. This usually means that there is a problem with the unit such as a slipping belt. If you hear any noises you need to get it checked as quickly as possible as the longer the issue is left the more damage it will cause. More damage means the repair will cost more!
- Incorrect Temperatures – When you set a temperature on your AC it should stay on that temperature. If the temperature is incorrect and inconsistent there is a problem. You will notice that certain areas are very cold, or some spaces don’t get any cold air. When this happens, a replacement is usually needed.
- Failure in Extreme Conditions – If your air conditioning unit cannot cope and keep spaces cool in extreme heat then it could be time for a replacement. An older unit cannot keep up with very hot weather. Air-conditioning in Sydney needs a unit that can work in very hot temperatures.
- Incorrect Display – If the thermostat has an incorrect display then you will not know if the air conditioning is working properly or not. It is important to have smaller issues like this fixed as it can turn into something bigger and costlier as time goes on.
If you are experiencing any of these issues you can find local and experienced air con repair in Sydney. You can also find replacements with air conditioner installations Sydney. You can find an air conditioner installer with great experience online.