It comes as no surprise that each person around the world contributes to the massive global problem we have today, garbage. Piles upon piles of trash are left everywhere, leading to cause various issues in human health, animal welfare, and the environment.
With everyone in power doing their best to minimize this unfortunate situation, don’t you think it’s time you take part in the fight to keep us and mother nature as healthy as possible?
If you want to learn more about proper waste disposal, you can visit https://extracheaprubbishremoval.com.au/ to get more information. Or you can keep on reading to know about the facts with trash.
- In the United States, an average resident can create over 4 pounds of trash a day and up to 56 tons a year.
- In Australia, the average family can produce around 400 kilograms of waste materials every year.
- Australians use around 376,000 tons of plastic packaging annually.
- Every day, the United States produces trash that can fill 63,000 garbage trucks.
- Each day, residents of New York City throw garbage that can fill the entire Empire State Building.
- The only place on earth that we can consider clean is Antarctica, where there can be no military activities, mineral mining, nuclear explosions, and nuclear waste disposal as stated in the Antarctic Treaty.
- Massachusetts waste office paper that can reach around 920 feet high, similar to the height of the Prudential Building.
- In the United States, about one-third of the waste comes from product packaging.
- On average, there are roughly 8,000 to 10,000 disposable diapers waste before a child starts potty-training.
- The annual cost of disposing of diapers reaches $350 million.
- Americans use and throw out various plastic cutlery, like disposable cups, forks, spoons, and knives, that can wrap around the equator 300 times. It is equivalent to 7,470,435 miles.
- There are 1,200 pounds of organic garbage that can be used in composting end up in the trash.
- In Latin America and Africa, there is enough food waste that could feed about 300 million people.
- There are more than 14 billion pounds of garbage that end up in the ocean.
- According to experts, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, also known as the Pacific Trash Vortex, will take 67 ships and a whole year only to clean up less than a percent of its garbage mass.
- A growing list of seabird species, cetaceans, fish species, and all sea turtle species have been found with plastic in or around them.
- There are 50 million tons of electronic waste, such as cell phones, computers, and TV, every year.
- If all cell phones in the US can undergo recycling, it can save enough energy to power roughly 25,000 homes for a whole year.
- Recycling a million laptops can save an energy equivalent that can power 3,657 households.
- Every year, Americans throw out phones with over $60 million in gold and silver.
If you open your eyes to the unfortunate truth that our trash situation has gone overboard, perhaps you can finally admit that at one point, you had something to do about it. It’s time to stop wasting things.
Get professional services in rubbish removal Northern Beaches like Extra Cheap Rubbish Removal and be part of the change.